NET ZERO STRATEGY
Ecoprofit facilitates Carbon Training International courses including a combined carbon accounting and carbon offsetting hybrid called net zero strategy. This is a practical course to give you the technical knowledge and business skills to set your organisation on a path to net zero.
Time & Location
This course will be scheduled on request.
Online or In-Person
Net Zero Strategy is a practical course combining our carbon accounting and carbon offsets courses to give you the technical knowledge and business skills to set your organisation on a path to Net Zero. You will be guided through strategies for overcoming challenges and develop a thorough understanding of carbon offsets in an evolving market and the risks you need to be aware of.
This Course is relevant to those who need to:
- measure, monitor & report the greenhouse gas (carbon) emissions for their organisation
- assess the direct or indirect impact of carbon pricing (tax) on their organisation
- use carbon accounting software & need to understand it as a business intelligence tool
- reduce greenhouse gas (carbon) emissions for corporate social responsibility objectives, bottom-line reporting or compliance purposes
Course Program includes:
- Global warming potential, carbon emissions, GHG gases & sources
- Emission factor calculations (input/output application)
- Calculating carbon footprint based on Climate Active rules
- Value chain carbon emissions identification
- Quantification of greenhouse gas emissions in accordance with international accounting standards (GHG Protocol AS/ISO 14064.1-2006)
- Carbon emission reduction strategies
- Energy audit and reporting
- Developing a business case for carbon emission reduction including IRR analysis
- History of Kyoto and evolution of the carbon market
- Australia’s carbon pricing mechanism in the context of the Emissions Reduction Fund
- Carbon Offset market structure, methodology and project development
- Buying and selling offsets and strategic management of offset portfolios
- Operation of emissions trading schemes
- Other carbon instruments in the market (LRECs & SRECs)
- NGERs covered generally (not to auditor level)
Course Participants will receive:
- Structured program of delivery that meets workforce training standards
- Learner guide with course materials case studies, toolkits and assessment tasks
- Classroom facilitation from industry-experienced instructors
- Free access to a commercial grade carbon accounting tool for the duration of the course
Course Format Online: 8 modules x 1.5 hour each session
Course Format In-Person: 2 days, scheduled to suit you
Course Prerequisites: None
Course Cost: $1650 incl GST per person (negotiable depending on the number of participants)
Completion: To receive a Statement of Attainment, a series of workbooks and a formal assessment will need to be completed.
If you would like to enquire about scheduling this course online or in-person at your workplace or another venue convenient for you, please lets us know via the 'ENQUIRE NOW' button here or contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone +61 (0) 400 232 200.